• This site is best viewed with a 1024 x 768 graphic resolution
  • Monday, August 15, 2005

    FAQs about Me

    Since the traffic of my blog site is increasing by the day, I'd figured there would be some people out there who are curious to know more about me. So I think this FAQ page on me would help bring about a clearer picture about who I really am.


    -Personal Details-
    How do I pronounce your name?
    My name can be broken down to 2 parts - pra-shanth. To pronounce the first part say pre- as if in pretend. (DONT SAY PRE as if in PRESCHOOL)The second part is pronounced shanth - as if in ashanthi - you add both the pronounciations together and viola that's how you say my name
    Note : Just look at the underlined parts to get the exact pronounciation


    Pretty cool name, but does it mean anything?
    Sure it does, Prashanth means peace in the sanskrit language

    What's your race and religion?
    I'm of Indian origin and I'm a chirstian (catholic)

    Are you a malaysian?
    Yes I am

    Where did you grow up?
    I was born in Kelantan, but was raised in Penang. I did my primary and high school education in Penang itself

    Where are you currently located?
    I've been living in Canada for the past 2 years now. I live in Windsor,Ontario, Canada's southern most city

    What's your occupation status?
    I'm a full-time student, currently studying Business and Economics at the University Of Windsor. I'm also a TA at the university

    What's a TA?
    Teaching assistant - meaning that I assist professors in grading and invigilating exams

    When's your birthday?
    October 4th (yes I'm a librian)

    How many siblings do you have?
    I'm the youngest of 3 brothers, My first brother works in Sarawak and my second brother is studying law

    Are you single?
    Yes

    How come you're single?
    Seriously I have no idea myself, I guess I haven't found the right person yet

    What are your hobbies?
    I love sports, especially football, I enjoy reading non fiction stuff and I love to travel

    Football huh, which team do you support?
    Arsenal FC for life!

    How many languages can you speak?
    I was born and raised in an english speaking family, therefore english is my primary language. I can also converse in Malay. I speak a little bit of hindi, chinese (hokkien) and french

    How did you learn those 3 languages?
    Family influence, peer influence and country influence (all in order to the languages above)



    -Blogging Details-

    What made you suddenly create a public blog?
    Refer to the my post A Forward To New Readers

    What are you trying to achieve from this blog?
    I'm trying to communicate with the readers out there about issues that I encounter on a daily basis which I find worth sharing and communicating. I dont intend to blog every bit of details about my daily life, that's just too pathethic and boring, everyone has their own life, why would somone want to take the time to read about your daily details? Unless you're a celebrity or something but even that too is boring...so that's why I choose to blog only interesting issues of my daily life.

    What kind of issues are these?
    They can be anything, from news, to something I witnessed...just anything interesting

    How is your blog going to be different from the others?
    I choose my thoughts and ideas on what I'm going to blog about carefuly. I try not to simply ramble without any forethought or direction. I'm just tired of seeing people's blogs filled with senseless stuff. I believe that if people can take the time to read your post, then you should also be fair by posting something that is worthwhile reading.

    Who are you trying to reach out with your blog?
    Basically anyone, but I guess due to my thoughts and the stage of life I'm currently in, I would like to reach out to readers between the ages of 19-30 who are able to look beyond conventional viewpoints, are exposed or willing to learn new things, and are able to appreciate intellectual yet interesting and thought-provoking posts.

    What are your plans for Straight From the Heart?
    Well currently I'm trying to build credibility and establish myself in the blogsphere world. If my site does receive strong readership views, I'm planning to venture into podcasting. It'll be a weekly update feature on Straight From The Heart.

    Will your blog ever cover political issues?
    No I dont like politics and I have no interest in blogging about it, however I will talk about social issues that will affect the social environment that could have some politicians involved as well



    - Contact Details-

    How can I contact you?
    I prefer to correspond through either email or MSN

    Where can I get your contact details?
    On the main page

    What about a phone number?
    Sorry I dont intend to give out my phone number at this point in time

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home