• This site is best viewed with a 1024 x 768 graphic resolution
  • Tuesday, August 16, 2005

    The frustration with girls...

    Author's note:
    I don’t mean to sound like a sexist or anything; this post is purely based on my experience and feelings

    Ever wondered why girls can be so darn confusing at times? I'm not saying that they're a menace or a big pain, (I'm not a male chauvinist; in fact I have the utmost respect for people of the opposite sex, especially the intellectual ones!). But seriously sometimes, they just piss you off for senseless reasons. It's not so much the things they say to you, but rather I find their actions to be confusing and often times hurting...and the worst part is, they don't realize that they're hurting you.

    As a gentleman, the proper behaviour you are supposed to display is understanding and patience. But seriously, there is only so much patience and tolerance a person can take. Now those who know me pretty well know I'm an impatient fellow by nature, and my past relationships with people have gone downhill due to my impatient nature. I always want to bury the hatchet quickly with people and as a result and at times, it backfires. Anyway as they say, you learn as you grow older and I have learnt to be more understanding and patient, but seriously, when a person crosses the line, I think its okay to say "enough is enough!"

    But you know what's really screwed up when you start thinking this way? You start doubting yourself! *personal thought: or is it just because I'm a Libran, so i'm indecisive in nature?

    What I mean here is that after thinking over it for sometime, you start to feel that you may have over-reacted to the situation and this kinda prompts you to think that you should be more understanding and evaluate the situation more rationally. But that's the core essence with human emotions, it isn’t always rational. If we were to be rational with our feelings, there would be no passion and we wouldn't feel hurt and neglegeted.

    I have been very patient and understanding with this person. But yet, as the days are going by, I kinda get the feeling that I almost mean nothing to her ; it's almost like she's kinda gotten bored of me. The saddest part is we used to be really good friends, and it's not like we've had a major dispute or anything...yet her attitude has just suddenly changed...and she hasn't even bothered to be clear and face me about it.

    The thing is I really don't mind if people want to stay away from me and hang out less with me, even if the explanation is irrational I can take it, but when you start playing the cold-treatment game, it just shows me how much you value friendship. It shows me how much I mean to you. One of the most painful things I can't take from a person is ignorance. When a person becomes ignorant toward me, my first natural instinct would be to break ties with the person. I feel that he or she isn't worth being friends with. I just can't stand people who I treat so well and with great care and respect become a cold stone toward me. It's just like a stab to the heart...and it hurts like hell.

    And when you play that game, probably you will not realize how much pain you're putting on the other person who considers you to be his or hers closest friends. Rather than thinking that you're a selfish and self-centered person, usually the person will initially think that it's probably something that he or she has done to make you piss with him/her.

    But then, when the treatment goes on for sometime, he/she will start to question the friendship bond that the 2 of you have. And if it goes on, and you don't say a word and continue being ignorant, don't be surprised if your friend suddenly explodes and wants to end the friendship...

    5 Comments:

    Blogger NickTay said...

    I know what u mean dude! I can never understand women. One minute they are like best of friends, the next like they hate you.

    9:43 p.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Y'know, we girls like the thrill of the chase too. Sometimes, when a guy's heaps patient, we like to see just how far we can push. Just to see what happens. But if nothing does, well, it gets kind of boring i reckon. Guys who play hard to get become even more must-have... Yes, it's cruel...but girls can be uber bitches...

    Or maybe it's just me, lol.

    Btw, Stealth was an absolute eye-raping movie.

    10:40 p.m.  
    Blogger d4g said...

    nick: and like I said, sometimes they don't even know that they're being such a b****h when they do that

    kerfy: playing hard to get is not a bad thing, but if you're playing hard-to-get and your primary intention is just to fool around, that becomes frunstrating to the other person who really wants to be with you

    mis: guys are no saints either...

    3:22 p.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This person you mentioned could hv easily been a guy instead of a girl. But whoever it is, is certainly giving the rest of us a bad name. No saints indeed... :D
    -Grace K.

    5:28 p.m.  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey its cheryl, just a story about how girls avoid addressing issues and solving problems and take the easy way out :P not to say guys dont do this too or anything but here goes...

    i knew a girl, a malaysian girl, who liked this african guy a lot, and he asked her out so they started seeing each other... then she got annoyed cause in between classes he'd want to spend time with her and she wanted some time alone with her friends... but instead of just telling the guy and resolving the problem, she dumped him... poor guy... the guy was completely heartbroken, he was really crushed... then almost straight away she started seeing this other swedish guy from our school and they'd be all over each other in front of her ex... her ex was miserable for a year or something... eventually they became friends again, but up til that point he was always talking to me about it and calling me, but as soon as she started talking to him and they became friends, he never spoke to me again... true, the guy wasnt perfect but all the misery could've been avoided if she'd just spoken up about the problem, and a minor one it was

    12:29 p.m.  

    Post a Comment

    << Home